Friday, January 27, 2012

The Reveal: Before and After

As you all know, I bought the Dressing Your Truth Course and took the 30 day challenge. I'm not sure how often I mentioned it, but I talked about getting my hair cut and how awesome it would be. For my birthday, my loving family tried to give me money to go towards my haircut. Unfortunately, That money went toward my food :D (I have to eat somehow). For Christmas, I received enough money to get my haircut at the DYT salon. Yay! So, Big Sis and I made our appointments.

On the big day, Jeigh Bee, Big Sis, and the Nieces all went to the salon. It was fun. with the foil in my hair and the cape thing on, I chased the nieces around pretending to be a monster. They squealed and ran around the store. It was cute. :D anyway, so I'm sure you're curious as to what I did with my hair. Well, I got it cut and Emily gave me some fun layers, and I also got some highlights and some lowlights. Overall the effect is darker, but I think it has lightened a bit since then. We did my hair all fun and big. It doesn't look like this every day, I promise.

Before: Emily had me take out my flower and put on this coat thing to provide a little more contrast for the reveal. If you would kindly notice my eyes, you might realize that while the make up is touched up in the after picture, it really is basically the same as in the before.


And now, the moment you've all been waiting for. Drum Roll, Please..........

After: Everything I am wearing in this picture belongs to me and was worn to the salon (minus the necklace, which I purchased that day).



Here is Big Sis and I; aren't we beautiful? This picture is my favorite. We have chicken legs. and I just realized what I remind myself of in this picture. Bestie will appreciate this: I look like the duck on Chicken Little that plays Abby in the film adaptation of their story. It's the bangs.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

lol....my outfit cracks me up. :) you and i look awesome in our chicken picture. :)