Friday, October 24, 2008

Old-ish memories...

I completely forgot to blog about this, but I think it is worth documenting.

A couple of weeks ago I was sitting in the Terrace of the Wilk. I saw a huge line forming just inside the bookstore, so I went to check it out...Kirby Heyborne was in there selling movies, Cd's and just taking pictures and signing autographs.
I didn't have class for another half hour, so I grabbed a friend and we stood in line for a bit. I knew I wasn't going to get to the front before my class, but I wanted to see how far I would get. We barely made it inside the bookstore doors before I had to leave. I had my friend's friend take a pic of me in front of Kirby to prove that I was in line, and that I was there. (She never got the picture to me...sad day.)
Anyways, so I went to class. It was my ASL class and we had an "oral" exam that day so I went in, presented my story, and left. I thought I would see how far my friend got while I was gone. They were right up front! so I jumped back in line and was the next in line. It was great. I had just taken an exam so I was shaky and nervous, so when I met Kirby he probably thought I was his biggest fan...I wasn't freaking out about him. gee. hahaha. I shook his hand and he pulled me into a hug and then he heard my name and was very intrigued haha. he is a little bit weird... :)
He signed my planner and then I had to go. (while he was talking to me he had his hand on my elbow...weird...) then he gave me another hug and they took a picture and stuff...maybe I'll find my picture on his website...IDK. yeah. so pretty much I met Kirby Heyborne. It was cool...

5 comments:

Theresa said...

hmm,.. stay away from him,.. he's a sly one,.. hand on the elbow,.. oldest trick in the book right? these fancy movie stars think they can rub up on anybodys elbow they want just because they're famous. how shameful.

(did you ever wash it again?,.. your elbow?) j/k. hahahaha

Karrae said...

HAHA the best part is that he is married. Thats why it is soooo weird haha. I do wash my elbow regularly hahaha. I didn't want Kirby germs forever...and besides by the time he touched my elbow his hands probably had so many other people's germs on them that it wasn't funny

Theresa said...

yeah,.. who knows where all those people's elbows have been.

Kerstin said...

I think he was just trying to be friendly. Some people are touchy in general. (I posted on your other post before this so I see you guys already know he is married)

Karrae said...

yeah he was just nice.