Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Challenge, Day 1

On this first day, I literally had just gotten the course. Most of my clothes fit my type already, so I don't have to go shopping for a while. I just have to have the courage to get rid of the clothes that don't fit my type. Anyway, dressing in type 2 clothes was easy. The hard part is my hair and makeup.

My hair isn't really cut to honor my type. It is straight and all one length, with bangs. To be more type 2-y I'll have to get some soft, blended layers. That's not a problem, it's just easier to have a novice hair-cutter do one length. I'll have to seek professional help for my future haircuts.

I already try to use type 2 colored makeup so that's not a problem, but DYT has taught me some cool tips for enhancing my makeup and applying it to be more type 2-y.

Observe:

Me last year. I'm in Yellow.

Me last month. Far left.

Me last week. On the left.

Me on Day 1.


I mostly just kept my wardrobe type 2 for day 1. I wore a muted light pink shirt with a gray cover thing and dark blue jeans with my taupe flats. I was aware of my hair not really being type 2 so I pulled it over in a loose side ponytail. and spruced it up with a lovely, soft, type 2 pink flower. I think I did pretty good for day one.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

i'm so glad you're having fun with this. :)

Todd said...

Hey me in the middle a week ago :) hehehe Love you sis!