Wednesday, September 28, 2011

That's too expensive!

I know these posts are coming out really fast, but I need to write all these posts in order, and I need to get to The Challenge because I'm already a couple days late. Ahhhh!

Anyway, on to the topic of this post. My lovely sister Big Sis started this program called Dressing Your Truth (DYT) about a year ago, give or take a month or two. She learned all about the four types that Carol Tuttle teaches in her program (1: bright, animated; 2: soft, subtle; 3: rich, dynamic; 4: bold, striking).

Big Sis, a type 2, started dressing different, she started dressing her truth. She began wearing clothes that fit her inner expression better. She learned how to do her hair and makeup to match her inner expression.

Her type 2, subtle, soft, flowing nature needed to be manifested in her outward appearance in order for her to feel herself. She became more confident and more natural. She is more understanding of others. She has become a more complete version of herself. She had presence before, but now she really holds her own.

Those who know her certainly noticed the difference DYT made in her life. And if you didn't notice, you certainly heard all about it. :D Big Sis loves talking about the four types and is always willing to share her knowledge. She shared several youtube videos with me on the subject. If you're interested, you can youtube Dressing Your Truth and several videos of Carol Tuttle and DYT come up.

I was a little familiar with the program because I had some prior exposure to a similar one a few years earlier. I knew enough about the basics of the program that I could tell you my type right away. I didn't have access to the unlimited resources Big Sis had, because I didn't buy the course. I thought I knew enough about it that I didn't need to spend the money on it. I'm a poor college student; give me a break.

Next thing I know, my sister-in-law Jeighbee gets the course. I watch as Big Sis and Jeighbee change before my eyes. They go from beautiful women, to beautiful, confident, strong women. I admit I was a little jealous of them. They were part of this club together where they got to learn about themselves and how to live and dress according to their true natures. Every month they met up with other women in the area who would come together to celebrate their strengths and beauty. They made lots of friends in DYT, and they now have a creative outlet.

Up Next on Discovering Me: watch for The Relief of Society and That's Still too Expensive.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

ooh I can't wait for "That's still too expensive!" hahaha.

Karrae said...

haha you should be even more excited for "The Challenge." :D