Thursday, September 29, 2011

That's Still Too Expensive

Big Sis always told me about DYT and has wanted me to buy the course ever since she got it. She really wanted me to get it so we could go to club nights together and talk about the things we learned together. She always let me know when the course was going on sale. I think I have about 15 emails telling me the course is on sale and I should buy it. Of course I always refused because I am poor and I really should use the little money I have for things like rent and food etc.

Well, for my birthday, or Christmas or something, Big Sis bought me the Beauty Profile Course which is a much cheaper and general version of the DYT Course. It's basically an overview of the 4 types and is designed to help you narrow down what type you are. It's like a teaser for the DYT course. Anyway, I enjoyed it and felt like I had enough information with that that I really didn't need to spend the money for the DYT course.

Then Jeighbee bought the course and I saw what a difference the DYT course made in her life. I realized that the course was more detailed and provided more opportunities to learn about my type. I started to really want this course. I was determined to start saving up for it, little by little.

Big Sis and Jeighbee invited me and my other 2 sisters-in-law to an intro night at the Dressing Your Truth Center. It was really fun to go with my sisters and experience what a club night is generally like. This was another reason I wanted the course.

The Intro night reminded me of my Mary Kay meetings I used to attend. I liked being a Mary Kay consultant simply for the opportunity to attend these meetings and be around other women who were interested in the same things. It gave me a reason to dress up and feel pretty. And I always enjoyed the classes we had.

After several months, an opportunity arose: the DYT Course was presented to me for even cheaper than usual. I, of course, was ecstatic. I still needed to save up some of my money, but the price was a lot more reasonable to me. So, I bought the course. I am now a member of Dressing Your Truth. I started watching my online course, and I noticed Carol talk a lot about a 30-day challenge.

I have taken on this challenge: to dress my truth for 30 days. It doesn't matter if I wear the same outfit all 30 days. I just have to follow the five elements of DYT for my type. Those elements are design line, texture, fabrication, pattern, and chroma. I have to follow these elements in my clothing, makeup, and hair.

Join me with my next post, The Challenge, Day 1.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

oooh! you're taking the challenge,... awesome! I'm so excited. I went through my closet and got rid of everything and sorted things into dye bags that I would eventually dye,.. it's so fun not to have anything not my type in my closet! I love it!

Karrae said...

You should help me one day. Let's have a dying party! Where we dye...our clothes.

Theresa said...

yeah! that would be awesome!! We shall dye!... our clothes.