Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Nevada Day! Oh, and Happy Halloween!!!

As only a few of you may know--actually, probably most of you, seeing as most of you are family--today is Nevada Day. It's a joyous event where we dress up in Costumes and eat candy--oh, and there's no school. Of course this is only applicable in Nevada. However, I'm fairly certain that all the other states wanted to be a little Nevada-y, so they all dress up and eat candy too. They just don't get school off.

Anyway, In keeping with the tradition of dressing up, Bestie and I wanted to dress up as some of our favorite characters. We went to our stake party as Fran and Freba from the SNL skit Fran and Freba. I was Fran, and Bestie was Freba. In the skit Fran is played by a man, so She is much taller than Freba. Well, Bestie is about 4 inches taller than I am, so even in my 3 inch heels and her in her flats, she was still taller. Oh well. It was way fun. We decided I would be Fran because I can act like a man acting like a girl much better than she can...??

We both have rather longish hair so I got creative and made it look somewhat like the real deal. I did both of our hairs with pin curls. The amazing thing is how well they stayed in. I started my hair at 4:00 pm. The last picture in this post is us at Midnight. I believe that is 8 hours. The only thing different is that my bangs were falling out. That is pretty dang impressive, if I do say so myself.

To watch the original skit, go to this link, http://www.hulu.com/watch/52191/saturday-night-live-fran-and-freba.

Here is the original Fran and Freba for reference. Fran is in the coral half sweater on the right and Freba is on the left. This picture is of them putting of lotion. We have a video of us doing the same thing. :D

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Karrae Karrae,.... Nevada Day just happens to coincide with Halloween,.. Everyone else didn't copy us,... That's why schools got Friday off and not Monday in NV,... If it was actually halloween they wouldn't get to change the date..