Friday, October 21, 2011

One reason I did not bother to retake the ACT

I do better the first time.

So, I made the 2 chocolate cakes for my home teachers; those cakes were perfect. almost. They were big and fluffy and only cracked on one corner: easy fix with frosting. The next cake I made was Jeff's yellow cake. It sunk in the middle, and more pieces detached themselves from it. It didn't turn out too too bad though. Then, today, I made the white cake for the ward Fall Fest. Can we say disaster? I was way excited because it came out looking more like the chocolate cakes then like the yellow: It was big and fluffy. Unfortunately that did not last. Soon the cake was in about seven pieces. I was so sad. I almost gave up. I was really excited to decorate it with Boo; I had even dyed the batter orange to be Halloweeny, but now I didn't see how it would work out. I figured we would end up making a new cake, so I went ahead a glued it together with frosting, the best I could, and decorated it how I had planned. It LOOKS great, but when someone cuts into that cake, their gonna be shocked. You can't tell from the picture, but it is all lumpy and misshaped. My roommates think it is perfectly acceptable. I feel bad and deceitful. But I am still incredibly impressed with how I managed to make it look together and over all good, but I'm positive that it is mostly made of frosting...

The moral of the story, I tend to do progressively worse at things that I try. Most people start out bad and do better with the next try, but I do my best to be perfect the first time and get lazy for the other attempts. With cakes and drawings, anyway.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

lol. You do not get progressively worse at things,.. perhaps you're just not learning from your mistakes though. :)

The cake looks great. I probably would have still done another one though. :)